Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Love to Read!

I'm a HUGE reader.  Love to read.  Love to learn from others....their insights, their successes, their failures, what to do, what not to do.  Love it!  Jim and I are diametrically opposite when it comes to our choices in reading.  He loves to read as well but he loves stuff written by Vince Flynn or John Grisham.  You know, fantasy-land-not-real-kind-of-stuff.  I am from the camp that if it is not going to make me better, then I am not wasting my time.  LOL  So, I thought I would share some of my favorite, most recent "reads".  I need to tell you, though, that I truly believe the most "learning" is done when you the Bible. Period.  Hands down the number one book if you are looking for guidance.  And, I recently found something to help me do this DAILY!  It's an App created by You Version.  It's unreal!  It's free too!  Not only can you select a reading plan that suits you:  The One Year Bible or the New Testament just to name a couple...there are TONS of choices.  But, you can also choose the translation you prefer!  At this stage, I prefer the New Living Translation (NLT).  It's easier to read and comprehend (for me).  The Message is cool too but really "wordy".  So, having said that, here are some fantastic books that I would highly recommend:

Do I Know God?  Finding Certainty in Life's Most Important Relationship by Tullian Tchividjian

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Radical by David Platt

Gospel-Centered Parenting by William Farley

Dying to Live by Clayton King

Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick

In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn

No comments: