Thursday, April 28, 2011

What Life Would Be Like

I was just listening to my iPod and heard the song "You Found Me" by Big Daddy Weave.  LOVE that song because it reminds me that there was nothing I did, or could do, to "earn" God's love.  It was there all along.  It just seemed to take some "stuff" in my life to bring me to the point where I recognized my desperate need for Him.  The day that He found me....well, it was the best (or maybe I should say, most important) day of my life.  The joy and the freedom, the thankfulness and the complete and utter AWE that I felt in the weeks that followed....well, there really aren't many words to describe it.  So, I was going to post this song but as I looked for the video and lyrics, another song kept popping up first!  This song is on my iPod too....but it wasn't in my play list today.  Anyhow, I've been listening to it and it's reminded me that every single day is a day that I have to let Him live through me.   Take a listen.....



I wish I was more of a man
Have you ever felt that way
And if I had to tell you the truth
I’m afraid I’d have to say
That after all I’ve done and failed to do
I feel like less than I was meant to be

What if I could fix myself
Maybe then I could get free
I could try to be somebody else
Who’s much better off than me
But I need to remember this
That it’s when I’m at my weakest
I can clearly see

He made the lame walk and the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits while His heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus life thru you and me

What if you could see yourself thru another pair of eyes
What if you could hear the truth
Instead of old familiar lies
What if you could feel inside
The power of the hand that made the universe You’d realize

All our hearts they burn within us
All our lives we’ve longed for more
So let us lay our lives before the one who gave His life for us

No comments: