Friday, December 10, 2010

A coincidence or not?!?

Last Thursday I had to take my Mother-in-law to the airport for her flight back to Ohio.  I had a huge list of places I needed to go and things I needed to do.  I had my plan all mapped out.  First stop, airport.  Second stop, Kohl's off Carefree Hwy, then lunch, at some point I really wanted/needed to get a pedicure, I had to pick up a prescription at CVS, run to the Outlets and there was probably one more item on that list that I can't even remember at this point.  So,  after Kohl's and a quick bite to eat, I decided to stop at the Nail Salon that was in the same shopping plaza since I was right there.  Generally, I don't go to this Salon because it costs about $10 more for a pedicure.  I really like it, but can't really justify paying more for the same thing I can get up the street for way less.  But, last Thursday, I decided to just go in....why not, I was right in the parking lot!

So, there I was...just me....and the nail person.  In walked an older lady.  She sat a few chairs down from me and I overheard her telling her nail person where she lived, among other things.  Both of our pedicures were done at the same time so we were sitting at the feet-drying-thingy together.  We started shooting the breeze about stuff.  Nothing too thrilling.  We talked about nails, nail polishes.... Fifteen minutes (at least) must have past as we were chatting.  In walked a white-haired man who stood and stared at us for a while.  I asked the lady if that was her husband.  It was.  He came over and she introduced me to her husband.  They asked me if I attended a church.  I told her I did.  We all started to talk some more about their church (CCV) and my church (The Crossroads).  The husband is a retired Pastor from California.  I shared with him a bit about this huge Outreach project we are doing at The Crossroads called One Day Serve.

At this point, the husband looked at me and said....."can you find me a family to bless this Christmas?"  He told me not to ask my church.  He wanted ME to find a family in need.  He said he had a large sum of money that will come from the church he led in California.  He proceeded to give me his home phone and cell numbers.  He wants to be anonymous.  But, he wants ME to find this family and call him SOON.  OK, at this point, I am like "what???"  These people do not know me AT ALL.  Well, if you consider 15 minutes of chatting over good nail products "knowing" someone....that might count.   Before they left, the wife asked me to have lunch with her sometime.  I gave them my phone number.  And, they left.

So, I'm on my way home, in awe of what just transpired.  I never go to that salon!  I meet these "strangers".  They want me to find someone for them to bless this Christmas.  I happen to know of several families in very "needy" situations as a result of the One Day Serve homes I've acquired.  I am 100% sure, absolutely convinced, not a tinge of doubt that God placed me in that spot at that particular moment to do HIS work.  This was not an accident or coincidence.  God is in the business of people, you know.  He cares about people.  All people!  He knew before I did who this family was going to be.

Last night, I called the man from the nail salon, the retired Pastor.  I gave him the name and address of the family.  He took down all of the information and said the check would be in the mail tomorrow.  Unbelievable.  I sit here, again, in awe of what has transpired.  I'm humbled that God would place ME in that situation.  This is absolute proof that God uses His people to accomplish His will.  Again, He loves people!  And, he will use His people to show His love to those that don't know him yet.  Amazing, just amazing.

No comments: