Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fear

After a busy few weeks, things are calming down for us....at least for a little while.  After the cruise, we returned home to work (for Jim) and One Day Serve preparation (for me).  The week before the "big day" is a toughie!  So, I wrote about our friends from Columbus that visited prior to Spring Break.  Before they left, Dennis asked Jim and I if we would be able to come to Columbus in late May and share our "story" at the church he planted since we moved out west.  Of course, our first inclination was "absolutely"....we'll look into it, make sure we have the frequent flier miles...we'll get it all worked out.  So, we returned home from the cruise and lo and behold....no frequent flier seats available, period.  Not even "around" the 22nd of May.  Then, my anxiety about leaving the kids set in.  Then, my fear of standing up in front of a few hundred people set in.  Then, the thought of the cost of the hotel or car or food or whatever.....whatever I could come up with ran through my mind.  Every reason why we should NOT go.  I even emailed Denny and told him that it was not looking like it would work out.  He was disappointed.  I was disappointed....in myself.  I even asked some of our friends to pray for discernment for us in deciding whether we should go or not.  Really???  When would it NOT be God's plan for us to share how He worked in our lives?  (that comment came from my loving husband)  So, we got home last night and promptly booked the tickets without using frequent flier miles.  We emailed Dennis to tell him that we would, in fact, be coming.  Not only will we share our "testimony", our story....of how we became Believers....but we will also be sharing what God has done through us.  Specifically, we will share One Day Serve with the Journey Church

I pray that we clearly communicate what God has done in our lives.  Not what we have done on our own.  I pray that we use His words.  Not our own.  I know that in Him, I can do anything!  Anything!! Despite my fear of failure, my fear of being ridiculed, my fear of crying in front of a crowd of people, or my fear of the unknown.  You know what I fear more than any of that?  I fear NOT sharing what God has done in my life.  I fear my friends and neighbors and loved one's not knowing Him.

1 comment:

Clarissa Hoffman said...

When God invites you to be involved with Him, He is wanting to reveal Himself to you and to a watching world. Therefore, He will ask you to be involved with Him in a God-sized assignment. – Henry Blackaby