Thursday, April 7, 2011

My First Official Book Review!

So, I joined Book Sneeze. They send me a FREE book to read and review. I finished my first book, A Conversation with God by Alton Gansky. This was very easy to read as it was written in a conversational format (hence the title). To me, it almost made God more "touchable" as the answers to the questions were written as though he was talking directly to me. Each question was answered by a few different people in the Bible: Jesus, God, Paul, Eve, Silas, Joshua. This book covers a variety of topics. Some are "deep", others seem basic. It starts with several questions about God and who he is. The Bible and its accuracy are questioned. Pain and suffering and all the questions that come with it There is an extensive discussion on Jesus, where he went when he died, what is his role in salvation, what IS salvation. Heaven and Hell are discussed at length and although the details are not extensive there is some very good information on this topic. I think people really wonder about the reality of Heaven and Hell and this book does its best to clarify and make these places very real to us. Topics on Christian Living and Today's World end the book and give very practical, life-application type information. Overall, I'd say this book is going to speak to a very wide audience. It's not a deeply theological book, but all of the information is rooted in Scripture and does not appear to be based on the author's opinion.

No comments: