Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just life.....

If you haven't already heard, my sister Tarry's baby is healthy and does not have Downs Syndrome!  Praise God for those results.  And, thank YOU for your sweet comments and prayers.  You have no idea how amazing it feels to know that people care and are willing to step up and pray on your behalf.  Unbelievable!  As far as the Chadwick's, we're staying busy.  Jim's traveling tons.  Payton's wrapped up in staying on top of things at Anthem Prep.  And, Connor, oh Connor.  This child has been sicker than usual this winter.  Strep, fever, flu (possibly) and now a raging ear infection.  He woke up at midnight and 3am last night.  The 3am deal was a blood-curdling scream that woke up Payton and Jim.  It's not an easy task to wake Jim up, even if you are laying right next to him.  I should mention that Connor is on the opposite side of the house.  He screamed so loud we thought someone had broken into the house.  After a trip to the Pediatrician this morning, an ear infection was confirmed.  Now, I understand it must hurt.  But, is screaming like that necessary?  God did not wire men with a very high pain tolerance, did He?

I am helping to get One Day Serve going again for April.  If you haven't seen the awesome video of this amazing day in December, I will attach it to the bottom of this post.  Jim and I met an awesome couple, Kim and Michelle, after ODS last time.  Kim is going to be a huge driving force this time around and I am excited to see what God will do through him.   My grandma is coming to stay with us for a few weeks.  She's at Tarry's right now.  Her next stop is Anthem.  I'm thankful that we are going to get the opportunity to spend this time with her and just be around her.  She's 81 years old and you would NEVER know it!  After grandma leaves, we have some very special friends coming to town.  Dennis and his wife Carol are our old neighbors from Ohio.  God used these people HUGELY in our lives.  Dennis is a pastor in Columbus, OH.  I have no words to describe how thankful I am for he and his wife.  Thankful that he was obedient to God in sharing his faith in action and in words. Thankful that he took the time to meet with Jim often and pray for me, that one day I would come to know Christ.  Thankful that God chose to use them to show us Himself.  God's plan is so intricate and perfect.

So, when all of our visitors return home we will be off on a Disney Cruise for Spring Break!  We're going with 3 other families and really looking forward to it.   Starting to pray NOW that I don't get motion sick.  I'm a get-sick-in-the-backseat-of-the-car kind of person.  So, we'll see.....  And, lucky Sophie is having some friends from church stay with her right here, in the comfort of her own home, while we are gone.  Gayle and Paul are moving in to our house for 8 nights!   Wow!  So, so grateful for them.

As I read back over this post, it's so evident that we are blessed beyond ANYTHING we deserve.  It's hard to believe.  I pray that we always remain thankful and never, ever take our blessings for granted.


One Day Serve from thecrossroadsaz on Vimeo.

No comments: