Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Impact!


Do you ever think about the fact that you impact people all the time?  Whether you are trying to or not?  Whether you know it or not?  Could be good, could be bad.  One comment.  An action.  You know who is really perceptive to this?  Kids!  Whoa, kids are great at recognizing that your "walk" does not match up with your "talk".  But, all in all, I would say adults are good at noticing that too.

So, anyhow, I know I have said it in prior posts, but 2 people that God used to change my life (and Jim's) are in Phoenix for a little vacation!  We were able to have dinner with them last night.  Before we left to go home, we prayed and Denny said something that was so impacting to me!  He said, "God, you knew 10 years ago that we would be sitting here together tonight."  Wow!  {Of course, that wasn't the entire prayer.}  But, those words were stunning to me!  And, so true!  God's plan has always been in place.  He knew we'd move next door to Denny and Carol.  He knew the impact they would have on our lives (all driven by Him, of course).  He knew 10 years later that we would be sitting around a table.  And, I am both in awe and forever grateful for that.  Grateful that we were able to share with them the impact they had on our lives.  And not just our lives!  But, the lives of our children, too!  Their IMPACT on us is far more reaching than just us!

I guess my point is....recognize that everything you say and do impacts people.  Don't take that lightly.  God uses His people to reach others.  I pray that you are willing and obedient, like Denny and Carol.  Because if you are.....you and God, together, will change the world.

No comments: